Installing the Air Cleaner.
At first the air cleaner looked like it was going to give me a lot of trouble.
Here are the air cleaner parts that I got from Bob.
The big canister houses the actual air cleaner. The other aluminum thing is the plenum which connects on top of the TBI. There is also a bracket that Bob used on his setup and some flex tubing.
After scrutinizing the parts, I decided that all I really needed to do was to modify Bob’s bracket a little and the air cleaner should fit right in.
Here is the bracket bolted on. After several modifications I finally got it right.
The canister is strapped to this bracket with some very large hose clamps.
Here it is installed and running
this is the old system for comparison.
I want to thank Bob for all the support and the spare parts. This would have been a lot more expensive and a lot harder to do with out Bob’s parts and help.
Now, I just have to take the van to the muffler shop to get the exhaust pipe welded.