Wild Burrow Canyon.
We left the hotel around 9:00 and drove north on 77. We tuned west on the Edwin Road. As soon as we left the highway we pulled over to air down.
The trail was very easy but dusty.
We drove about 6 miles east and stopped to check out this windmill and water tank.
This was at the end of this trail.
A Bunch of Bull.
There was a big bull bellowing at the fence.
He probably thought we were the farmer bring him some hay or grain. He sure was noisy.
The End of the Trail.
We back tracked a bit and found the trail going east again toward this big Marble Mine.
We followed that trail about a mile and came to a locked gate.
Apparently the place has changed hands and the new owners have closed the trail.
We turned around and headed back toward the highway.
As we drove along Patti had me stop so she could get a picture of these interesting plants.
Here is the same type of plant before it bloom’s.
Back at the highway we aired up and headed down this road
to I-10 where we headed west.
We stopped at this station for a break and Patti got this dinosaur picture.
From here we headed for home and arrived in Quartzsite around 4:20.
It was a fun five days of jeeping and Dennis did a great job leading the group.
When Patti and I left home in Santa Rosa we were discussing upgrading our RV as we wanted more room and our Flair is getting old. It will need a roof in a few years and other stuff is getting old as well.
By the time we got to Quartzsite we had decided that we would look around for a newer unit.
Our neighbor had his property, a 1/3 acre lot with a 30 ft. Fifth wheel trailer on it, up for sale.
We went over and checked it out. The fifth wheel is a little newer than our RV and has two slide-outs; one in the living area and one in the bedroom.
His asking price is lower than what it would cost us to get a newer motorhome.
After discussing it during the week we were in Oro Valley, we decided to buy the place.
Now we are going to be property owners in Quartzsite.
I figure that if we bought a motor home its value would depreciate rapidly and we would take a big loss when we are through with it. Hopefully the property value will appreciate over time.
Now we have to sell the motor home.