Sunday, April 16, 2017

TBI Project Continues.


Fuel Return.

The first thing to do today is install the fuel return line. That went pretty well.

Large Hole.

Next I had to make a large hole in the side of the engine compartment; I used a 2” knock out punch to make the hole. The hole had to be big enough to get three large plugs through.

IMGP0502

I’ll have to figure some way to seal the hole off.

Coolant Connection.

Next I had to swap the upper radiator hose connection for one that had a threaded hole in it for a coolant temperature sensor.

IMGP0503

Installing the TBI.

Next it was time to install the TBI unit. It took me a while to figure out which way the TBI went on.. At first I had it 90° off and couldn’t see why it wouldn’t line up with the mounting holes. Eventually I figured it out and got the TBI in place.

IMGP0506 

Throttle Linkage.

I tried hooking the throttle linkage up but I will have to bend that triangle piece so that the linkage will line up vertically. It looks like the old throttle linkage will work.

IMGP0505

It was getting late and I was tired so I decided to quit for the day and start at that point tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment