Wiring the TBI.
I got a lot of the wiring on the TBI and got the fuel return line connected to the tank and run along the frame toward the engine. I also made a bracket to mount the MAP sensor on.
I had originally thought that I would have to bend the triangle part that is attached to the accelerator to get the linkage to hook up but it turned out that I could accomplish the same thing by straightening the short connecting rod.
you can see the rod and the triangle piece here.
I had to take all the kinks out of the rod.
Once I got the rod straightened out I hooked it up and found that the lever that the rod is connected to hits the bottom of the manifold. The throttle only opens up half way.
Okay, I’ll have to do something with that.
Maybe if I extend the lever it will move the throttle all the way.
I did that, adding about 1.5 inches to the length of the lever and it moves the throttle all the way now.
Unfortunately now, a different lever is hitting the back of the engine compartment restricting the movement of the throttle.
I think if I shorten the connecting rod between these two levers it should work.
By the time I was at this point it was almost 7:00pm and I stopped there.
Okay that is where I will start today. I plan to also connect the fuel lines and the rest of the wiring.