Thursday, January 24, 2013

01-24-13

It was a warm day yesterday even though it was a little cloudy.
The temperature in Phoenix was around 81 degrees.

Yesterday we drove to Phoenix to get the seals replaced on the transfer case and rear differential. The trip was long and uneventful. The Garmin got us to the 4Wheel Parts store with no problem. It took them about three hours to change the seals. After we left there we stopped at Costco to drop off my new glasses to get the badly scratched lens replaced. We will have to go back there in a couple of weeks to pick up the glasses. 
We got home around 4:30.
There was so much oil on the back and under the jeep that I wont be able to tell if the new seals fixed the leaks until I get the oil cleaned off.
Dennis gave me a bottle of a cleaner called “Awesome” that they bought at the Dollar Store in Blythe. He said that it would clean anything.

I tried it on the back of the jeep and spare tire and was surprised at how well it worked.
When we got up this morning it was cloudy and threatening rain. The forecast is for showers the next five days.
I will try the cleaner on the under side of the jeep to try and get rid of all the oil that has been spread around under there if the weather gets a little warmer. 
Once I get things cleaned I will be able to tell if the seals are working.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment