Tuesday, January 15, 2013

01-15-13

It was cold again today. At 7:30 this morning the temperature was 22 degrees. It got up to about 50 by afternoon.

I messed around with the jeep a little.
Apparently at some point the end tailpipe clamp had gotten shirred off at the frame. Yesterday when we were in Parker I bought a tailpipe hanger. This morning I installed it.
A little later I decided to check the fluid level in the transfer case. It was a little low so I topped it off. While I was at it I decided to take a look at the level in the rear differential. I stuck my little finger in the fill hole and it came out dry. Oops!
I had an almost full container of Lucas gear oil so I emptied it into the differential. That brought the level to full. 

I gave Allen at 4wheel parts a call and told him what I had found. He said that when I talk to the manager at the phoenix store to tell him what was going on and they would fix what ever was wrong.

A while ago we bought a small Fry-Daddy deep fryer. 
This afternoon I decided to try and make some donuts.
I used an old family recipe. It is very simple, you open a tube of biscuits. Poke a hole in the center of each, deep fry them and role them in cinnamon sugar. They were pretty good but the oil was kind of old and had a slightly motor oil taste. I threw the oil out when I was done. I will buy some new oil before I try making donuts again.

Patti is playing Bingo at the rec-center.

Tomorrow we will be going on a ride. :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment