Sunday, January 13, 2013

01-13-13

Damn!! It’s cold!!

I woke up at around 8:00 this morning and checked the outside temperature. It was 22 degrees. Brrrr!

Dave came over around 10:00 and said that his water hose was frozen.
“Oh, I guess you didn’t let the water run last night” I said.
”Nope” he replied. “But I will tonight.”

When I heard that the temperature was going to be in the twenties I insulated the input water hose and as a secondary measure I left the water run all night in the bathroom sink when I went to bed.
Many of our neighbors had frozen pipes this morning.
Tonight’s lows are supposed to be about the same. So I will let the water run tonight.

When I got out of bed I turned on the RV forced air heater. The fan came on but the heater didn’t light. It is a good thing that we have a small electric heater. Every once in a while I would try the gas heater but it wasn’t until around 10:00 and the outside temperature got to over 30  degrees that it finally lit off.

There was about a half inch of ice on the pond this morning and it didn’t melt until around 2:00.

IMGP2235

It probably wouldn’t have melted even then if I hadn’t started the pump.

We didn’t do much today. I think the high temp was only around 40 degrees.

I used a piece of tubing to listen to the exhaust leak and am more convinced than before that the exhaust manifold is cracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment