Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday, April, 17.

A bright clear morning with a slight breeze. The wind came up in the afternoon but by evening it died down.

We went to Carlsbad Caverns today. It is spectacular!
The ride up the canyon to get there is quite pretty.


I took a ton of pictures inside the Cavern, but due to the low light conditions and not having a tripod, only a few came out un-blurred. I tried using the rail along the path for a rest, some times it worked and sometimes it didn’t.
Since one picture is worth a thousand words, here are 12,000 words worth

This is the snack bar near where you get off the elevator.

The beginning of the walk through the big room.



It took us four hours to go through the Big Room and I was walked out by the time we finished. I’m glad we didn’t take one of the guided tours. I don’t think I would have made it, what with my ambulatory difficulties. We took our time and rested often so that worked out fine.

We were planning to leave tomorrow for Santa Fe but I just checked the weather up there and its snowing so we are going to stay here for at least two more days and see what the weather does.
My motto when driving the RV is “if there’s snow I don’t go”
We wanted to check out Sitting Bull Falls any way today but were to tired after the walk through the cave so we will be able to do that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment