Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back to Quartzsite

Thursday, April, 2.
The morning was fair with a slight breeze.
We left The San Pedro RV Park about 9:30 and headed west on I 10.
Near AZ City we got on I 8 and at Gila Bend we turned north on AZ 85 (the Phoenix bypass). After around 35 miles we connected back onto I 10 going west.
By afternoon the wind was blowing hard out of the south and I had to work to keep “Plan B” between the lines.
About 40 miles east of Quartzsite we stopped at a rest area and I took a short nap.
After a stop at The Pit Stop to get propane, we arrived at The Holiday Palms RV Park around 4:30. It felt like coming home when we arrived and we got our old spot, across from Becky and Dennis.
It was hot and I was tired so Patti and I went to the Mountain Quail Cafe and had the Rib Eye Steaks.
It is much warmer here than in Benson but the wind is blowing just about as hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment