Thursday, November 20, 2014

Getting ready to head south. 11-20-14

 

We haven’t been doing much of interest since I went kayaking with Bob on Sunday.

We are getting ready to head south for the winter so that means we are collecting stuff and putting it in the motor home. Not very exciting.

Last year I had the guys at 4wheel Parts install some rock sliders on the jeep.
To do that they had to remove the fender flair extension.

IMGP4884

Unfortunately what this does is turn the fender flair into a mud conduit that throws mud up the side of the jeep and covers the side windows. 

I have been trying to come up with a modification that (if I can do it right) will look good and act to send the mud down instead of throwing it all over the jeep.
What I have done so far is buy two new flair extensions.

IMGP4889 

I will have to cut these down and modify them to fit the jeep so that I can connect the new extensions to the old fender flair.
I have made a couple of metal clips to connect the old and new.

IMGP4887

I will bolt the metal clip to the jeep and screw or pop-rivet the extension and the flair to the metal clip.

I am running out of time, since we are leaving on Monday so I don’t know if I will get a chance to finish this project. I don’t have an inside place to work on the jeep and it has been raining for the last couple of days. Hopefully it will stop raining in time for me to finish the job.

Okay, that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment