Friday, December 12, 2014

Laundry, housework, and checking the weather.


Patti had laundry to do yesterday so while she was doing that I did some housework.

We have had the warmest December that I can remember down here. Even the few rain’s we have had are fairly warm.

Unfortunately that isn’t the case back home in Northern California. They have been getting slammed this year.

I was just reading my friend Bob’s blog (“Bob’s Eyes”) and he was documenting the problems that he has been having with this latest storm. Water outages, power outages, fallen trees and some flooding in the Russian River Valley. So far the flooding has been minimal but they aren’t through with the storms yet.  Guerneville has a history of flooding every few years but that hasn’t happened for a while.
They really need the rain to replenish the reservoirs after three years of not enough rain.

I am wondering what is happening up at the cabin. It is located in an area that gets torrential rains on a normal year. I can’t imagine what it is like with these storms. I would love to be there to experience it first hand.
I’m sure there are a lot of trees down. That means
lot’s of firewood for next fall. I just hope none have fallen on our buildings.
If these storms don’t  destroy our new spring taps we should have plenty of water next summer.
I’ll bet that the tree that fell into our swimming hole in the creek this summer will be washed down stream by now.

Okay, well, that’s all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment