Monday, November 21, 2016

Home in Quartzsite.

 

The last leg.

We left Bullhead City around 8:45. The weather was cloudy and threatening to rain.
As we drove south on CA-95 and could see rain falling from the clouds in the south.

DSCF7913

A couple of stops on the way.

We stopped at the Walmart in Parker, AZ to pick up a couple of things.
From there it is only a 45 minute drive to Quartzsite.

We stopped at the RV Pit Stop in Quartzsite to fill the onboard propane tank and the 5 gal. bottle that I use when we are parked for a long time.
From there we drove to our spot and got set up.
When I went to hook up the sewer pipe I found that someone had driven over the sewer connection and it was smashed. It’s Sunday so I can’t get any parts to fix it until tomorrow.

Here comes the rain.

The rain waited until we were set up before it started. It only rained for a couple hours and ended shortly after the appearance of this full rainbow. It was actually a double rainbow but Patti couldn’t get both of them in this picture.

DSCF7917

Later we were treated to a nice sunset.

DSCF7920

Around 3:00 in the morning it rained for about a half hour. At this writing it is partly cloudy but the sun is shining brightly through the gaps in the clouds.

The RV Ran Great.

Okay, we made it safe and sound. The RV ran perfectly all the way from Bakersfield. I still don’t know what was wrong with it in Bakersfield. I have a theory but I will have to wait until we have some freezing nights to test it. If I’m right I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment