Early this morning we drove to the Ford dealership to see if they would work on our rig.
The service guy said that they don’t work on the older ones as their technicians are all to young and if the vehicle doesn’t have a plug for their computer to access they don’t know what to do.
I'd say that is a pretty sad state pf affairs. I guess that the young guys have never been taught analytical trouble shooting.
Fortunately the service guy told us about Mark’s Automotive and that he is good at fixing RV problems.
We went to Mark’s and I talked to the lady at the desk. She told me to get the RV towed in and they would take a look at it.
Back at the RV.
We called Good Sam again and requested a tow. The dispatcher said it would be about an hour before the truck would get there.
We waited and sure enough, an hour later the truck arrived.
The driver had a heck of a time connecting to the RV but after struggling for about 45 minutes he had it ready to go.
Once the tow truck was hooked up we headed over to the shop to await the arrival of the tow truck.
It arrived in about 20 minutes.
That truck makes the RV look small by comparison.
It was about noon and the mechanic was going to lunch so Patti and I did the same thing.
Back at the shop we waited for about another hour before the lady came in to the waiting room and said that it was fixed.
I think that the mobile mechanic had actually fixed the original problem but in so doing he pulled and reset a bunch of fuses. When he did that it unlatched a couple of relays that isolate the battery from the chassis and the coach. All that needed to be done was to reset those relays with the momentary switches in the coach.
The RV seems to be working just fine now. I don’t know what the actual problem was and I hope it doesn’t raise its ugly head again.
As it was late afternoon before we got the RV out of the shop we decided to spend the night at the River Run RV Park. We will head out early tomorrow and will spend the night at Bullhead City.
That’s all for today.