Monday, June 6, 2016

More Winch Project.

 

Holes in the bumper.

The first thing I had to do on the winch project was to drill two large holes in the bumper to make room for the winch mounting bolt heads. I used a 1” hole saw on my Makita cordless drill. It was almost too easy.

IMG_3053

Expensive bolts.

Next I had to get a couple of bolts for the mount so I went to The True Value Hardware close to home.

I needed two 10MM bolts about 2” long. They were a buck each.
wow! I hadn't realized how much hardware had increased in price in the last few years. 
I don’t normally have to buy nuts and bolts because I always remove hardware of anything I discard and I don’t use metric bolts for anything I build. The jeep has both SAE and metric bolts holding stuff together. It’s a pain in the butt but that is just how it is.

I am just glad that I only needed two bolts.

Mounting the Winch.

Once I was back home I mounted the winch to the mounting plate and then mounted it on the jeep. All the holes lined up just right.

IMG_3054

A jeep just looks better with a winch on the front. Without one they just look unfinished.

Wiring the winch.

The next thing to do is the wiring. I got some of the wiring done but there are some things that I have to work out.

We are leaving tomorrow to go to Fallon so the rest of the wiring will have to wait until I get back.

That’s all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment