Saturday, August 30, 2014

Tie-rod, a football game and a visit to the emergency room. 08-30-14


Yesterday I went to the doctor for the results of the CT scan. Everything is just fine with the aneurism. I will be able to go to Arizona this year and not have to come back here for a CT scan.
I will be able to have an ultrasound instead and it can be done in Arizona. Yippee!!

After the DR’s appointment Patti and I set out to adjust the toe in/out on the van.
When I installed the tie-rod, I eyeballed the tiers to get them close to where they are supposed to be.
As it turned out I got them set right at 0-0 which is what the spec calls fore. All I had to do was lock the adjustment in place. I set the van back on the ground and took it for a ride to see if I had the drag link set right. It was also just right so I locked it down.
Okay, so now the tie-rod project is done. Now I can use the van to hall stuff up to the cabin.

In the evening we went to watch Harvey’s first football game of the season. He plays quarterback for the Santa Rosa High School Panthers.

DSCF8302

Just before the end of the first half Harvey was running with the ball and was tackled and didn’t get up. Our hearts sank as we saw a crowd of coaches and EMT’s gathered around his prostrate form.

We got him in our car and off to the emergency room we went.

DSCF8320

As it turned out Harvey had only dislocated his shoulder. We were  relieved as it could have been much worse. This was his first serious injury. I think it shook him up a bit finding that he is not invincible.

Okay well, that was Friday.

We are going to a party today. I’ll tell you about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment