Sunday, June 18, 2017

Too Hot!


Too Hot.

The last few days have been unseasonably warm with afternoon temps in the high 90’s and low 100’s. Therefore I haven’t been able to get a lot done. There are only a couple hours in the morning to work.

Finishing up the Front End.

I re-torqued the wheel lugs and Installed a small panel under the van.

Took a drive.

I took a little drive to the auto parts store to get a piece of fuel line.
I needed to extend the fuel pressure gauge so it could be read by someone sitting in the passenger seat. 
The van ran great; the steering works good, no play in the wheel. The ride has improved too (no squawking springs).

Testing the Fuel Pressure.

Okay, now that the wheels are back on the van it is time to get back to the Acceleration problem.
I needed to go to Walmart for a couple of things so I had Patti come with me. While I drove she watched the fuel pressure gauge.
We got pretty consistent readings.
The normal fuel pressure runs at 12 psi.
Whenever I punched it and got into the flat spot the fuel pressure dropped to 11.5 psi. At first I didn’t think that a 1/2 psi was enough to make a difference in the running of the engine but it was consistent. Every time I hit the flat spot the fuel pressure read 11.5. It would appear that the fuel delivery system is faulty.  I’m not sure what I will have to do to fix the problem.

Check the Brakes.

Today I am going to take a look at the rear brakes. I hope they are in good shape so I won’t have to replace them.  I’ve got enough other stuff to do.

Okay, that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment