Thursday, June 1, 2017

Steering Column and Eye Surgery

Steering Column.

Around 9:00 I started installing the steering column in the van. I struggled with it for a while as the steering box is longer than the hole that it has to go through. After a while I took a breath and actually looked at what I was doing wrong.
I saw that I was trying to get the box and all its protrusions in sideways.
What I had to do was put the back of the box in first and by pulling it up the top would rotate through.
I tried that and after wiggling the column a bit it fell right in place.
By lunch time I had it all buttoned up.
I didn't connect the pitmen arm. That might allow a little more movement of the axel when I have to line it up with the new springs.

In the afternoon a took a ride to the spring shop to check on the springs. I let the people at the shop know that we are going out of town next week. They told me that if I left before the springs arrived they would hold them for me.

Eye Surgery.

This morning at 7:00 I took Patti to the Eye Surgery Center to have Cataract surgery. At 8:45 I picked her up. Everything went fine with the surgery.
Her eyes are still dilated so we won't know if she will need to wear glasses for a day or two. Her eyesight will improve over time.

Okay, that's all I have for you to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment