Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Plugging the Hole in the Manifold.


Making the Plug.

The whole thing turned out to be much easier to do than I originally thought.
I threaded the end of the bolt and screwed the punch onto it.

Here is the picture of the punch in the press, the hole in the metal and the round knockout plug.

IMGP3253

Making a Dome.

I cleaned the plug and made a dome in it .

IMGP3262

I figure that when I put the plug in place I can pound it down and it will (hopefully) spread the plug out so it fits tight in the hole.

Here it is sized for a tight fit in the hole.

IMGP3263

Next I mixed up some JB Weld.

IMGP3264

I put epoxy on the underside and the edges of the plug. Then I used a large socket to tap the edges of the plug down into the hole. once it was seated I pounded the center down a little to spread the plug against the sides of the hole.

Here is what it looks like after it was epoxied in.

IMGP3265

I hope that works. Fingers crossed

Okay that is all I did on that project today. I’ll wait for the epoxy to set.

TBI Gasket.

I took a good look at the TBI gasket under brighter light and it looks like it was sealing okay. I am going to replace it anyway.

I’ll purchase the gaskets today and probably get the manifold back on in the next couple of days.

Patti’s Car.

We are going on a trip to Idaho in a week or so with Patti’s car.
We took her car into the shop to have it serviced and checked over good.
They found that the brakes are worn out and the rear axel seals are leaking. We won’t get the car back until Thursday so we are down to only one working vehicle, the jeep.

Okay that about covers everything. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment