Thursday, August 9, 2018

Heading for Glendale Oregon.


Getting Underway.

Around 8:00 we left the house. We decided that we would stop at Tans Donuts to pick up something for the road.
At Tans, I realized that I had left my wallet at home. It is a good thing I found out before we headed up 101. I may not have noticed until we had to get gas. Probably around Crescent City and that would be a bitch.

Eventually we got under way, heading north on 101. There is some smoke in the air from the ongoing fires in Northern California.

IMGP3294

More Smoke.

The further north the worse the smoke got. Driving through the Redwood Parks the smoke was a little better. Maybe the trees filter some of the smoke.

IMGP3296

Past Crescent City we drove east on US 199. Lots of smoke here also.

IMGP3306

On I-5, between Grants Pass and Glendale, more smoke.

IMGP3315

From what I can tell, we are going to be in smoky conditions for the whole trip. There are large wild fires in every western state.

At Kathy and Bob’s.

We arrived at Kathy and Bob’s around 4:00 in the afternoon.
After a couple of hours of visiting, we went into Glendale for a Mexican dinner at Nano’s.
After dinner we visited until bed time.

Okay that was our drive to Glendale, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment