Thursday, September 22, 2016

More Van Windshield Repair

 

The last couple of days.

I have been working on the windshield repair on my van.
The last time I posted I was getting ready to spray the rust stopper stuff on the affected area.

IMG_3369

The instructions on the spray can said that the solution would turn the rust black. Well, It turned everything black including the paper. I’m not sure what that is all about but it is a “Rustolium” product so I guess it is okay.

Once that dried I started laying on the fiberglass. It is pretty slow going as I have to wait long periods between applications to let the resin harden.

I only have two sections left to do and I’ll get that done today.

IMG_3370 

After that I’ll have to paint the area and then I can take the van back to the windshield place to get the windshield installed.

Going to the cabin.

I am planning to go to the cabin on Sunday to get things ready for a party that we are having on the October 1st. I won’t be back in SRO until October 5th. 
That means that the windshield will have to wait until after the party to get installed.

Taking the RV for Service.

Today (Thursday) we re going to take the RV up to Windsor to be serviced.
I hope that it will be done by Saturday so I don’t have to leave it for over a week at the shop.

Okay, well, I have to go get the RV out of storage and take it to the shop so I’ll close for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment