Saturday, September 3, 2016

Chores and Shopping.

Windshield for the Van.

The first thing I did today was try and find a windshield for my van.There is one place on Santa Rosa Ave. called Advanced Auto Glass.
I stopped there first and talked to the owner. He seemed to be quite harried and said that he would get back to me when he had more time. Sad smile

I left there and drove over to West 3rd Street to another auto glass place called Discount Auto Glass. The guy there looked up my van and found a windshield and a gasket for me and ordered it.
I have an appointment on Wednesday at 2:00 to get the new windshield installed. Smile

I was hopping that I could get new weather stripping on the Door windows but they don’t do that. I guess I’ll have to try and find the weather stripping and do it myself.

Getting the RV ready.

We are getting ready to take a short trip next week so I wanted to do a couple of things on the RV.

First, I filled the fresh water tank. That only took a few minutes. Next, I got the vacuum and vacuumed the floors in the RV.
Then I mopped the floor in the kitchen area.

Fixing the Trim.

When the tire on the rear lost its tread it loosened a piece of trim along the side of the RV. I decided the best way to fix it was to put a pop rivet in one corner of the trim.
I dug through my stuff and came up with two pop rivets. One was way to small but the other one was much larger and looked like it would work.

I put a clamp on to hold the trim down and drilled a hole in it, then I installed the rivet.
Everytime I use a pop rivet gun, it bites me. This time was no different. I was trying to be very careful not to pinch myself.
It didn’t work, I still ended up with a nice blood blister on my left hand. Damn that hurts!! Confused smile

Shopping.

Patti took Dina to a laundromat to get her laundry done. She came home around 12:00. Around 12:30 we decided to do some grocery shopping for the week so we went to Smart and Final to get some stuff. Of course we couldn’t get everything at one store so we had to stop at Lucky’s to finish the shopping.
We got home around 3:00.

Missed Bob.

Bob was going to stop by after he got the new springs on his van. Unfortunately we missed him by a Just a few minutes.

That’s about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment