Saturday, September 24, 2016

Finish the Van Windshield. Heading for the Cabin

 

Windshield Project.

The last couple of days I have been finishing up the repair on the windshield opening in the Van.

I put the last couple pieces of fiberglass on Thursday.

IMG_3372

It takes a while for the epoxy to set up so it won’t be till late afternoon before I can trim the cloth and sand the area. Then I’ll put a second coat of epoxy over the whole thing and let it set until the next morning.

The Next Morning.

Once the fog burned off and the sun warmed things up, I did a light sanding on the whole opening. After that, I painted the opening with Rustolium Red Oxide Primer.

Here it is, painted with all the masking removed.

IMG_3374 

If you remember, the whole thing was rusted and full of holes. This is what the worst spot looked like at the beginning.

IMG_3362

Here is what it looks like now.

IMG_3375

Windshield installation. Not!

I called the outfit that was going to install the windshield to see if they could install the windshield on Friday. Unfortunately, since it has been a couple of weeks since I was there last, they sent my windshield back to the distributer so they had to re-order it.  That means I can’t get the new windshield until I get back from the cabin. I made an appointment for Oct. 7.

Heading for the Cabin.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I’ll be heading up to the cabin to celebrate my 75th Birthday.
I won’t be back until Oct. 5 so no posts until after then. If for some reason I have to go into town for something I will try to publish then but don’t count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment