Friday, October 9, 2015

Try These Recipe’s.

 

“Cutie Meringue Surprise”

Patti and I have been eating these little mandarin oranges called “cutie pie’s” for years.

I have always thought that there should be some kind of a dessert one could make out of these sweet little oranges.

Yesterday I wasn’t doing much so I looked in the cupboards and came up with a box of Kingsford Corn Starch. On the back of the box is a recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie.

I followed this recipe and whenever it called for “lemon” I substituted “orange”.
The only changes I made to the recipe was that when it called for 1-1/2 cups of sugar I only added 1 cup as I figure that the oranges were sweet enough. I also added slices of orange to the filling after I poured it into the baking dish.
I don’t make pie shells and didn’t have any frozen ones so I just built the pie in a baking dish. After the pie came out of the oven I added slices of orange and a little orange zest on top.

Here it is cooling on the stove.

IMGP6071 

We ate about half of this for dessert and it was bloody awesome. “Try it, you’ll like it.”

If you are diabetic I’m sure “Splenda” would work just fine in place of sugar.

Great Sprouts:

Oh! By the way;
There was one more recipe that we tried yesterday. Patti got this off FaceBook.
Patti loves Brussels Sprouts and I have never liked them. Patti found this recipe for baked Brussels Sprouts with Honey and Balsamic Vinegar so I figured it was worth a try.

Here is how it goes.

Cut sprouts in half, put them in a bowl, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the sprouts and toss with a little salt and pepper. Put the sprouts on a baking sheet and bake in a 425 oven for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven, return to the bowl and drizzle on more e.v.o.o. and a little balsamic vinegar, toss to cover all and serve.
These were undoubtedly the best Brussels Sprouts I have ever tasted. I am now a fan of sprouts.

Okay that’s all I have for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment