Friday, December 14, 2012

12-14-12

Another thing I found on the jeep was that the seal on the rear output shaft on the transfer case was leaking.
I called Allen at 4Wheel Parts who did the job for me and told him what was going on. He said he would check out what he could do for me. He called back a couple of hours later and said that he was going to get the parts and set me up to have the 4Wheel Parts store in Phoenix to replace the seal. It probably won’t happen until after the holidays but they will do the job for free.
The only down side is that we will have to drive to Phoenix and may have to spend the night. On the other hand when I fell I put a big scratch in my new glasses. There is a Costco on the west side of Phoenix so I can leave the glasses there to get the lens replaced.

It rained hard all last night and we found another leak. It is supposed to rain again tonight and tomorrow so I won’t be able to do anything about the leak until the rain goes away. I am not even sure that I can fix it. I looked at the roof today but could not see anything that might be causing a leak. I will just have to get some rubber calking and re-calk every thing up there.

Fun with old RV’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment