Sunday, January 1, 2012

01-01-12

Happy new Year!!

I was sitting by the pond yesterday morning and got these wildlife pictures.

IMGP0396

IMGP0397 

Bathing birds.

IMGP0404

IMGP0403

Patti got this one while I was snoozing,

DSCF0538A

DSCF0537

Later in the afternoon, Dennis and I took the Kayaks over to the Colorado River. Since the jeep is unreliable at the present time we put the boats in the back of Dennis’s truck

DSCF0540

We decided to check out a slough just south of Ehrenburg, AZ.

IMGP0408

It was Dennis’ first time in a kayak and I think he enjoyed it.

IMGP0409

At this time of year there isn’t a lot of wildlife but I did get some pictures of these Crested Herons.

IMGP0416

IMGP0423

As we paddled along close to the edges we could see underwater dust trails as large fish scooted out of our way.

IMGP0407

Sometimes we could see movement in the cattails as other creatures moved through them unseen. On a couple of occasions we could smell skunk but never saw anything of them. I am sure that later in the season the wildlife activity will increase.

We had a great day playing on the water.

I went out to turn on the waterfall this morning. Fortunately I had a camera with me. I was about half way there and noticed this hawk sitting on top of the fall.

DSCF0541

DSCF0543

I don’t know what kind of hawk it is. I couldn’t find any pictures on the internet that matched. If you know what kind it is let me know.

Cool eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment