Monday, June 21, 2010

06-21-10

We took a ride up the coast yesterday.
We stopped near the Pistol River to watch the wind surfers for a while. There was a wind surfing contest here this weekend.




Continuing north, we drove through Gold Beach across the Rogue River and about 6 miles south of Port Orford we took the turn off at Humbug Mountain State Park.
There is a very nice campground there and a road that the map shows going over the mountains that makes a loop back to the coast.
I was hoping that the road would lead us to a creek or river, as I am constantly looking for fish-able water because I want to know that there are places to fish before I spend the money for a "Non Resident License".
Somewhere we missed a turn off and after following a newly graded road over the mountains for a few miles we came to a col-de-sac.
There were some nice views Along the way


and we saw many wild Rhododendrons in bloom.



Today is laundry day.

Tomorrow we are going to Grants Pass to get the rear lockers and new springs installed on the Jeep.
This morning I noticed that the seal on the rear differential is leaking so I hope I can get that fixed at the same time.
We will be spending the night at Kathi and Bob's.
Hopefully the jeep will be done by Wednesday afternoon. If so, we will be able come back to Brookings Wednesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment