Saturday, January 12, 2019

Blocking up the Container and a Visit with Joann and Dave’s Friends.

Blocking up the Container.

This morning I decided to put the container on a couple of 4X4’s.
To do this we had to use two farm jacks; one on each side so we could lift the end off the ground far enough to slide a 4x4 underneath.

Dennis and Becky came by for a visit and Dennis said he had another farm jack and would go get it. When Dennis came back
we put a jack on each side and tried to lift the end of the container.

IMG_4626

We got it up a few inches and the container moved to the right about six inches and fell off the jacks. When it did that the rail on  Dennis’s jack bent.

I am holding the rail in the photo below.

IMG_4628

We were able to straighten the rail out by putting one end on a block and driving up the rail.

We decided to try using my jack in the middle of the containers back end and lifted it enough to get the 4x4 under the container.

IMG_4629

Next, we went to the front of the container. We decided to use both jacks on this end so we put one on each side of the container.

IMG_4630

We started jacking up the container and about an inch up Dennis’s jack ‘s handle bent. Dennis borrowed the jack from Carl. I guess I’ll have to buy him a new one.

IMG_4635

We ended up using my jack in the center and were successful in getting the 4x4 under the front of the container.

That was a lot harder than I thought it would be so now my back is messed up again.

Visitors.

Around 2:00 friends of Joanne and Dave’s stopped by for a visit. We sat around on our patio and visited for about an hour.

IMG_3995

Supper at Dos Amigos.

After our company left we drove to Vicksburg where we had a Mexican supper. Everyone liked their food.

Cards.

After we got home we played one game of Jokers Rummy. Joanne won this one.

Okay that was another productive day.

1 comment:

  1. I have a "High Lift" jack, I hope yours with the bent handle is not the same brand...Now I know how to lift a container, from the center..
    Thanks,
    Upriverdavid

    ReplyDelete