Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Rogue One, A Short Trip to Blythe.


Getting Started.

Monday morning we were to meet Lillie and Tom at the fire station at 9:30 to go to Lake Havasu City to see the new Star Wars movie “Rogue One”.
We got there about 9:20. and waited….and waited. Around 9:35 we got a call from Tom saying that they were going to be a little late.
They had a bumpy start to their morning. Apparently their electricity went off. Tom eventually found the problem and fixed it.
Then they had to stop at the post office for something.
The post office in Quartzsite Is a time sink. There is always a long line and some of the people in the line are so old that they have a hard time figuring out what they are doing there.

Around 10:00 they showed up at the fire station and we headed up the highway to Lake Havasu City. We got to the theater (which is at the far north end of town) at 11:32. The movie was scheduled to start at 11:30. We parked the vehicles and quickly walked to the theater. When we walked in we asked if the movie had started yet and the girl told us that the previews were still running. We got our tickets and found our seats. We only had to sit through a couple of trailers before the movie started.

Rogue One.

The movie was great!!!

It took a little time to figure out where the story fit into the overall Star Wars saga but it was non stop action right from the get go with awesome special effects and relatable characters.

Go Disney!!

Chinese Lunch.

After the movie, Lillie, Tom, Patti and I went to the Golden Phoenix Chinese Restaurant for lunch.
The food wasn’t bad but not that good either. We probably won’t go there again.

After Lunch.

After lunch we split up.

Lillie had a hair appointment.

I wanted to got to Harbor Freight to get a new air compressor. Luckily had one left so I snatched it up and used a 20% discount coupon so that saved me a little $.

From there, we drove back to the north end of town to shop at Walmart.

After Walmart we headed for home. We got to Quartzsite around 6:00. That was a long day.


Around 10:30 Cheryl and Dennis stopped by and told us about their trip to the Panama Canal. It didn’t sound that great to me but then I am not really into cruising anyway.

We had to do some business with the post office.Baring teeth smile
We didn’t want to go to the one in “Q” so we drove to Blythe, Ca and went to the post office there. Patti got her business taken care of in just a few minutes.

After the post office we stopped at Albertsons to get some fresh vegetables for our supper.


We are going to a Christmas potluck today. I am making a double batch of Nopolitos (Cactus and Pork stew). Patti Is making Mexican style rice.

Okay that’s it for now. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment