Monday, October 17, 2016

Rain,Rain,Rain.

 

It has been raining for the last couple of days so I haven’t been doing much outside.

Stand For Satellite TV Dome.

IMG_3358

A while back I started working on a stand for my Satellite TV antenna. (See Post for Sept. 8, 2016 “Getting ready to go to Davis Lake”)

Since the rains are going to stick around for a couple days I decided to finish this project.

The last time I made a couple of washers

IMG_3357

and found a part to use to make the connection to the tripod.

IMG_3351cylinder

Today I found just the right sized piece of 3/4” plywood to use for the platform.

IMG_3458

I just had to round off a couple of corners, which I did with a saber saw.

After trimming the board I laid out and drilled the holes I wanted to put in the board.

IMG_3460

The center hole is for the bolt to mount the platform to the tripod. The other four holes were going to be for the bolts that hold the rubber feet on the bottom of the dome. I was going to use these bolts to hold the dome to the platform but decided against it.
What I will do is drill the holes out large enough for the feet to fit through them that way I won’t have to bolt and unbolt the dome everytime I want to do something different with it.

Set Screws.

I had to drill 3 holes in the end of the connector (Cylinder) so it can be tightened to the tripod.

Here is the setup.

IMG_3463

Welding the Bolt to the Washer.

I drilled a couple small holes in the washer on each side of the center hole. Then I welded the bolt head to the washer.
This gets screwed to the platform.

IMG_3465

Here it is assembled.

IMG_3468

I still need to drill out the four holes for the feet and paint the whole thing.

Okay that’s it for now. I’ll finish this project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment