Sunday, April 10, 2016

Window Regulator and Pizza Soup

Window Regulator.

I didn't have much luck repairing the window regulator on the drivers door of the van.
I built up the warn out teeth on the rack with weld then filed them back into shape.
The regulator works in one direction (against the spring) but when the crank is turned the other direction (the spring helping) the pinyon skips over some of the teeth and gets stuck on others.
The problem seems to be with the pinyon. I have decided that I won't take the pinion cage off the regulator because it is riveted in place and is under tension from the spring. I don't think I can get it back together once I drill out the rivets to get it apart.
The regulator works better than before I started messing with it so I think I'll just put it back in the door before I destroy it; that way I will have something to roll the window up and down with.

Pizza Soup.

Yesterday I made a big batch of Pizza Soup. We had Joanne and Dave come by for soup and cards.
We played Rummy For Dummy's.
The soup was good and the cards were fun.

Recipe.

Pizza Soup

Serve's six.

6 Bavarian Sausage or Brats or Italian Sausage, Sliced.
6 Pepperoni sticks sliced.
1 Medium onion chopped
6 slices of bacon chopped
1tbls chopped garlic.

Fry all the above ingredients, drain excess fat and put ingredients in crock pot.

ADD.
2 cans tomato soup.
2 cans sliced mushrooms
1 bunch green onions (chopped).
½ cup pf Ketchup
1tbls Basil
1tbls Oregano.
2-3 cans water

Basically you just put anything you like on your Pizza in the soup. Maybe not Pineapple.

When bubbling in crock pot, cook for 40 minutes, turn down to low and cook for another hour or until you are ready to eat.
Serve in bowls topped with finely grated mozzarella cheese.

 

Okay, that's all I have for you today.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment