Saturday, June 20, 2015

Still moving boxes and a crawdad trap.


It’s hard to believe we are still moving stuff out of the wreck room; this time we are attacking the closet.
Patti brought Dina home so she could go through some drawers and take some more of her stuff.

An experimental crawdad trap

In the afternoon I decided to try and build a trap for crawdads. I looked around in my junk to see what I could fine to use for the body of the trap and came up with a 2ft long piece of 8” PVC pipe.

This is what I ended up with.

IMG_1886

I have been thinking about how to make a door for the trap and decided that the best way was to use loose fingers at the entrance so a large crawdad can enter but can not get back out. We will see if the theory pans out.

Here is what it looks like.

IMG_1887

There are a few more things that I want to do to the trap but the parts I need are at the cabin so I’ll finish it there.
I’ll try it out over the 4th of July weekend.

Okay that’s it for today.

1 comment:

  1. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot.
    moving house boxes

    ReplyDelete