Saturday, June 27, 2015

Just checking in.

 

We haven’t been doing anything very exciting the last few days.
We are a little burnt out with packing boxes and putting stuff in the storage shed so we have slowed down on that operation.

We are going to go to the cabin for the fourth of July weekend and have invited a bunch of friends to come up and camp for the weekend.
Harvey and three of his buddies are coming up. I told him that they had to take care of themselves but that we would feed them. I’m not to sure that was a wise idea. These guys are all big and all but one is a former member of the varsity football team.
When Harvey was asked what they would need in the way of food his reply was “lots”.

Oh oh! We are in trouble now.

We worked out a menu that should work and have been making lists of what to pack and what to buy and what we have at home. I have been loading the van with all the stuff that I took out of it when we brought it down from the cabin to use as a moving van. Of  course there is a bunch more stuff that I have loaded to take up for the weekend .

I have to do some work on the frig at the cabin so I am going up on Wednesday.
I think the frig needs to have a good cleaning of the operating system. The freezer part works but the refrigerator part isn’t cooling properly. The refrigerator is from an RV and runs on propane. When this has happened in the past I have found a pile of rust sitting on top of the burner. I think it is time for a good cleaning.

A couple of days ago I put a screen door on the front of the house. It was a freebie so I couldn’t turn it down. I picked the hottest day of the week to install the door so I didn’t finish until after dinner when the weather cooled. The door is the type that is supposed to fit any opening. Well, it’s a little short for our door opening but it ‘s close enough. I’ll have to get some paint to finish the job but that can wait until after the weekend.

Yesterday we visited with good friends, Jerry and Lorraine.

Okay, Patti’s vacuuming the rug in  the living room where I am sitting so I think I will stop here for now.

Talk to you in a couple of days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment