Saturday, August 31, 2013

08-31-13

I would like to apologize for not warning you that I would be gone for a few days.

Monday 08-26-13

I went up to the cabin Monday afternoon, arriving there around 2:00. I unloaded the jeep and moved into the cabin. The rest of the day I just enjoyed being there. I try not to do any work the first day.
I took a walk up to the Bear spring to see if there is any water. The Bear spring is about 3/4 of a mile from the cabin and up hill. It is too far to pipe water to the cabin but I figured that, if there was water in this spring, the one Bob tapped up by the road should have water in it also as it isn’t quite as high as the bear spring.

Tuesday:

The cabin is officially done!

IMGP3140 
I put the last piece on the stair rails.
From here on everything else will be maintenance, repair, or modifications.

I started to work on the cabinet to house the refrigerator.
I am using the dining hall as a shop. I should actually call the dining hall the shop because it is only a dining hall a couple of times a year and a shop the rest of the time.

IMGP3144

I set up the van and the lumber conveniently outside.

IMGP3143

Then I started cutting the boards I will need for the cabinet.

IMGP3142

Wednesday:

I worked on the cabinet.
By the end of the day the cabinet was finished except for the tin back panel and installing the refrigerator. 

IMGP3146

I am expecting my friend Bob to come up this evening. He can help me get the cabinet onto the porch and can help put the fridge in the cabinet.
Bob showed up around 6:00 in the evening.

Thursday:

After breakfast Bob and I moved the fridge cabinet to the porch and he helped me put the fridge in the box.

IMGP3147

While I was putting the fridge project together Bob drug the 300 ft of 5/8 drip line up the hill to the spring he tapped last year (Bob’s spring), where he connected it from the spring to the tank.
Now, we once again have two springs feeding the site.

Later in the day we drove the jeep up to the Bear spring. About half way up to the spring the road crosses a gully. We stopped here and on foot we followed the gully up the hill to where we found another spring. There are probably several springs along this gully. We will have to investigate further at another time. These springs are a bit far from the cabin site but at least we know that there is water available should the other springs decide to crap out.

Friday:

I put the roof on the fridge box in the morning.
Bob and I sat around and visited until around noon when he left for home. After Bob left I had lunch, packed up the jeep, swept out the cabin and headed home.

Got home around 5:00

A little after 6 PM Patti and I picked up Dina and headed to Harvey’s football game in Petaluma. Harv’s team won 33-0.

Had a great time and got stuff accomplished.

Patti and I are going back up to the cabin on Tuesday and will stay until  Saturday.
Dave and Joanne are also coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment