Thursday, August 22, 2013

08-22-13

Hey! We’re back!

Patti and I just spent four days at the cabin.

Friday;

We met up with our friends from “Q” Cheryl and Dennis at the Raley’s parking lot in Windsor.
After standing around for a while B.S-ing we headed for the cabin.
We stopped at the Boonville Market/Deli, got some sandwiches to go and headed into the mountains for the cabin.

We got there around 11:30 and sat around talking and eating our sandwiches until about 2:00 when they had to leave because they were on their way to Myers Flat to visit with Becky and Dennis.

DSCF5031

After Cheryl and Dennis left we unloaded the car and moved into the cabin. We spent the rest of the day just enjoying being there.

Saturday:

Woke up to fog on Saturday the weather stayed cool until about 10:00 then warmed up considerably.

I removed the window from the front of the cabin so I could put hinges on the top. I took the window to the Dining Hall/Shop to work on it as there are plenty of tables and flat surfaces to work on there.


IMGP3131

Got the hinges on and Patti helped me install the window.

IMGP3132 

Now the window will open all the way and hangs by a hook from the porch rafters.

Sunday;

Around 11:00 we went to the grove and scrounged around for fallen redwood branches. I was looking for something with character for the stair rails.

By the time we got back to the cabin it was too hot to work so we just goofed off for the rest of the day. 

Monday;

Worked on hand rails for step

DSCF5035

until it got too hot and we went to the creek. 

Tuesday;

Did some more work on steps, until around noon.

Finished one side of the stair rail and almost finished the other side

IMGP3134

but it got to hot to work so we put all the tools away, packed up and went back home to Santa Rosa. 

Wednesday;

In the morning we went to 4wheel Parts and dropped off the jeep so they can fix the transfer case leak.
We had to get a smog check done on the RV so while I was at 4wheel parts, Patti made an appointment to get the RV smogged.
From 4wheel parts we went to Marlo’s RV repair, got the RV and drove it about a block to the smog check place where we left it and headed home.

The rest of the day was spent puttering.
I fixed the water leak in the back yard irrigation system. 
After that was done we continued cutting up the Camilla’s. We filled up the black barrel again so we had to quit.
The only thing left to do on the Camilla’s is to dig them out.
 

We picked up the RV from the smog place in the afternoon and will put it into storage today.

We had a good time at the cabin. I can’t wait until I can go back.

Patti here:

Yesterday as I was checking Facebook, I noticed  my nephew, Anthony, made a comment about being on his way to Santa Rosa. I commented about calling me and we would get together and he did. After I got off the phone with Anthony, I called Dina, to see if she wanted to go with me to visit him; she said yes.

So after dinner, I picked up Dina and headed to Airport Blvd.

I think it has been about 5 years since I last saw him.   Anthony drives truck and lives in Gresham, Oregon,  he’s on the road a lot.

DSCF5041

We had a great visit but way to short. 
Anthony is now on his way to Texas.

1 comment:

  1. The cabin is looking so good! Nice to see Patti writing here too. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete