Saturday, September 22, 2018

Computer crash and 5 Days at the Cabin

Computer Crash.

My old Acer mini laptop finally bit the dust. It will no longer publish my blog and I can’t manipulate pictures because it won’t save anything.

I am using another laptop but I am having trouble getting some stuff to work on it.
I am able to do my blog but can’t receive or send email’s.

A week at the Cabin.

I went to the cabin last Sunday everything was in good shape.

Goals.

My goals for this week were to:
Replace the baffle in the refrigerator.
Renew my drivers license in Ukiah,
Cut up the tree that fell across the Bear Spring Road.
Make a new box to cover the water valves.

Refrigerator.

The propane refrigerator that we use at the cabin has not been working as well as I think it should. The freezer gets good and cold but the fridge doesn’t.
Everytime I come up here and turn on the fridge there is a pile of rust sitting on top of the burner that I have to clean off. The rust comes down a pipe where the heat is supposed to go up. The only thing in the pipe is a “baffle”. A spiral piece of metal that is connected to a rod that sticks out the top of the pipe.
If I wiggle the rod, rust falls down the pipe and collects on the burner.
I ordered a new baffle and installed it in the pipe on the fridge.

The fridge seems to be getting colder now but it sits outside and the out side temps are also getting cooler. We won’t know if it is better until next summer when the temps are in the 90’s and 100’s

Drivers License.

Monday morning I drove to Ukiah, CA about an hours drive from the cabin. I decided to get my drivers license at the Ukiah DMV office because it is a smaller town and the DMV office is not nearly as busy as the Santa Rosa Office.
As it was, it still took about 3 hours to get everything done. Now I am good for another five years.

Dave.

Dave came up for the day on Tuesday.
He had a project he was working on and I wanted to get the wood for the valve box. While Dave was working on his project, I went to the lumber pile and got the wood I needed and started making the box.

A little later, we walked up to check out one of the upper springs. There is still a little water coming from the spring but the flow is getting very low. I hope it lasts until the rains start again. 

Dave went home around 3:30.

Wednesday.

I got up late this morning and just puttered around in the morning.
Eventually I got the water valve box built and in place.
After that I went up the spring road and cut up the tree that fell across the road. I stacked the wood where I cut it.

Thursday.

I really slept in this morning and didn’t get up until after 9:00.
After breakfast I started packing up to go home. I left for home around 12:00.

Okay that’s it for now. As always, it was real nice being at the cabin .

Patti and I are going back up there next Friday, 9-28 and will be home on 10-02.

No comments:

Post a Comment