Thursday, September 13, 2018

A trip to the VA and Cards.

At the VA


Several people have told me that I should get a veteran designation on my drivers license. Since I am renewing my license next week, I went to the Cal-Vet office to apply for the form to take to the DMV.

After the paperwork was approved and I had the form, the guy helping me asked  if there was any thing else that he could help me with.

“Well”, I said; “When I was in the service I was working in the squadron carpenter shop and cut the end off my thumb.

IMGP3440

I was not aware that I could get compensation for my injury after my discharge.

I found out about that several years after I was out of the Navy and called the VA then. They told me that all my records had been burned in a fire at the records storage area in Virginia  so there was nothing that could be done."
I gave up on it then but when the guy asked me if there was anything else he could do, I asked about it.

He said that he could not guarantee anything but I could submit a request to open my case.

I got the paperwork and an appointment for next month. I am sure this will take several months but if it works it will be worth it to get into the VA system.

Sea Food and Cards.

Around 3:00 Joanne and Dave came by. We visited for a while then went out for supper.

We went to the Santa Rosa Seafood Grill.
Really good Chowder and very fresh fish. A bit pricy but worth it occasionally.

After supper we went back to our house and played two games of Jockers Rummy. Dave and Joanne were the winners.
Around 9:00 Joanne and Dave went home.

A Change of Plans.

I was planning to go to the cabin on Friday and staying there over the weekend. The plan was to go to Ukiah to get my drivers license on Monday and go back to the cabin, coming home on Tuesday.

Patti was texting my oldest daughter, Gabriella, trying to set up a day to visit her and her husband. As it turned out, the only day’s she had free were this Saturday and Sunday.
Therefore  we are going to the city on Saturday and I will go to the cabin on Sunday and come home on Tuesday or Wednesday.

The reason I am going to the Ukiah DMV is because the Santa Rosa office is always crowded and you have to sit around for hours waiting  to be called. The Ukiah office is smaller and there are less people going there so the wait should be less.  I HopeFingers crossed 

Okay, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment