Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Goofing Off For a Couple of Days.


Sunday 11/19

We decided to take a ride to Parker, AZ. about 35 miles north of Quartzsite. We wanted to go to Walmart and Parker is the closest one. At the Walmart we bought a new gas BBQ and a bunch of other stuff.

Dennis M’s Jeep.

When we got back from Walmart I noticed that Dennis M had removed the rear axel from his jeep.

Patti got a nice sunset picture.

IMG_9969

Monday 11/20

Monday was laundry and house work day.
Patti went to the laundromat and I did house work.
I also repaired the step for the RV.
I just needed to put in two fuses and replace a missing bolt now the step pulls in when the door is closed (if you have the switch in the ‘on’ position).
I also assembled our new gas barbeque.

I ordered a new front bumper for my jeep from 4Wheel Parts.
It should be here by Wednesday according to the UPS tracking page on the net.

Tuesday 11/21

We got up early this morning so we could meet Doris and Jim for breakfast at the Times Three Café by 8:00.
We got there a few minutes before them and they were surprised to see us.
Over breakfast, they told us that JoAnn and Dave R. were coming down in about a week. We will be happy to see them.

We also found out that Sue and Denis were still in Quartzsite and were staying at the Quail Run RV park.
Around 10:00 we drove over to the Quail Run and found them.
We visited with Sue and Denis for an hour or so and decided that we would take a ride next Monday.

Washing the Jeep.

In the afternoon I washed the jeep.
While I was doing that Dennis M came by and we discussed his broken Jeep.. 
At that time he was still looking for the part. Apparently that particular part is hard to find even though it is a common part that breaks on these jeeps.

Dave’s Jeep.

In the evening Dennis came over and told us that he had talked to Dave R.
Dave told him that he had the same part break on his jeep while he was driving to breakfast in Twin Falls.
That is real interesting.
Within a couple of weeks, two people that we know had the same part break and I had the bolt back out of that same mount.
From now on I will be inspecting this part often.
Dennis also told me that he had found a part that should work and he ordered it from 4Wheel parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment