Monday, November 13, 2017

Getting Ready for a Trip.


Preparing to get Underway.

We have been preparing for a trip to Black Canyon City for 4 days of off road jeeping.
Black Canyon City is north of Phoenix off I-17.
The trip starts tomorrow at 8:15 in the morning from the Arco station at the east end of town.
It will take us most of the day to get to Black Canyon City as we are going to do a jeep trail along the way.

Yesterday (Sunday)

Patti did some laundry so we would be sure to have clean clothes for the trip.
I didn’t do much as when I got up in the morning, I bent over to pick up a sock that I had dropped and tweaked my back. Not enough to put me completely out of action but enough to slow me down a lot.

In the afternoon we went over to Becky and Dennis’s and had a nice visit with them for a couple of hours.

Today (Monday)

In the morning I got under the jeep to make sure that things were tight and to do a good inspection.
It will be a long ride getting there, with four days of off road stuff and a long ride home.
Later I loaded most of the stuff that we are taking on the trip to Black Canyon City into the jeep.

Around noon Patti and I went to see our friend Debbie.
She cuts our hair when we are down here.
I have her cut my hair twice a year; once in November and again in April, whether I need it or not.

Around 4:30 we met Sue and Denis, Cheryl and Dennis, Shirley and Bill, Lillie and Tom at Silly Al’s for supper.

IMG_9490 
We had a combination pizza and it was as good as ever.

Okay, we’re off on another adventure tomorrow. I’ll let you know all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment