Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Couple of days of visiting and Preparing to leave Quartzsite.


Saturday 2/25

Joanne and Dave requested another day off so we just hung out and visited for most of the day. We even played some cards.

A Weenie Roast.

Jo Ann R. called and invited us to a weenie roast at their place as they are leaving for home on Sunday.

We are a little burnt out on hot dogs right now and we have been telling Joanne and Dave H. about the Prime Rib at the Mountain Quail Restaurant. We decided to go to the Quail for dinner and then go to the Rushton’s to hang around their fire pit. The Prime Rib was excellent.

The fire pit is the same one that we ventilated a few weeks ago and I never got a picture of.


We had already eaten but the rest of the group burned some dogs and Dave cooked some pieces of steak over the fire.


We burned a couple of Marshmallows with chocolate centers. They are kind of like a s'more's kit without the Gram Crackers.



We hung out for a couple hours enjoying the company of good friends.



Before we left J&D’s we made plans to take a jeep ride on Sunday afternoon.

In the morning Patti and Joanne went to do laundry. While they were gone I helped Dave dump the black tank in their trailer. We had to connect four sewer hoses together to reach the sewer inlet. We found out that the trailer outlet is lower that the sewer pipe so we had to lift the hoses to get them to drain.

Patti and Joanne came back from the laundry early and we had time to eat lunch before the others arrived.
Around 1:00 Sue, Denis, Diane and Johnie showed up. Joanne and Dave, Patti and I got into our jeep and we all headed south on 95.
We planned to drive to two of the most popular trails in the area. Dripping Springs and The Hogback.

We went through the long term visitors area;


and after a mile or so we stopped so Denis could air down. Our tires were still low from the last ride. While we were there we noticed this “Tiny House” I am not sure why these are becoming so popular. It would seem that a regular trailer or fifth wheel or even a motorhome would be better and cheaper but everyone has their own opinion on that score.


Once we were back on the trail we eventually got in the wash that goes to Dripping Springs.


Eventually we got to the parking spot at Dripping Springs.


The spring is in this canyon at the bottom of the cliff.


Denis took Joanne and Dave on a walk up the canyon and along the trail to see the Petroglyphs.


After leaving the spring we stopped at the mailbox cabin. We didn’t take any pictures since we had been there several times we didn’t even think of pictures.

From the cabin we headed up the Hogback.


This trail climbs the mountain and follows the ridge for a while.


Then it plunges down to the valley on the west side of the mountains.


It was about 4:30 by the time we got back to Quartzsite so we went to the  Times Three Restaurant for supper.
Sue and Denis already had other plans for supper so it was just Diane, Johnie, Joanne, Dave, Patti and I at the restaurant.



Joanne and Dave left to continue their travels around 9:30. We will see them again in Coolidge in about a week.

After they were gone, Patti and I headed down 95 for Yuma, AZ.
We were going down to visit with Shirley and Bill.


It was very windy with some spitting rain. As we drove south the mountains in the KOFA were shrouded in cloud and rain.


As we got closer to Yuma the wind was stronger and as we drove on Fortuna Road it was blowing sand across the road.


We got to their place around 11:45.
After visiting with them for a while we decided to go to lunch at Pizza Hut for the Monday all you can eat special.


We left Shirley and Bill’s around 2:15 and went to The Walmart on S. Frontage Road. We didn’t find what we were looking for so we left there.  Patti called her Brother-in-law, Wayne. We were going to go to Wellton, AZ to visit him but he didn’t answer the phone so we figured he had gone some where so we just headed for Quartzsite.

When we got home we stopped at Louise and Dick’s so I could return the shocks that I had borrowed last week.

From there we stopped at Donna’s for a short visit to say Good Bye to Susan and deliver a Rock from Joanne.

We went to dinner at the Mountain Quail and had the Salisbury Steak special.


Okay, that brings us up to today (Tuesday). We are getting ready to leave Quartzsite tomorrow for Coolidge, AZ. We will be there for the month of March and will have a lot of visitors while we are there.
Joanne and Dave will be there from the 4th to the 6th of March. On the sixth of March the Wednesday Jeepers will arrive and I will be leading them on trails for about 5 days.
From the 19th to 26th my friend Don, and his wife, Jean from Seattle will be visiting us. It should be a fun month with a lot to do.

Okay that’s it until next time .

No comments:

Post a Comment