Wednesday, October 16, 2013


We just got back from seven wonderful days at the cabin.

Patti and I left SRO around 11:00 and headed for the cabin.
I drove the van up and Patti followed in her car. The reason for this is that we had a lot of stuff to take up there.
We were taking Jerry and Lorraine’s camp and our wedge tent so they would have a place to sleep.
Jerry has been very ill and has not had much chance to get out into the woods so we decided to bring them to the cabin for the party we were having on Saturday the 12th.
Patti will go back to SRO on Friday for Harvey’s foot ball game, which they lost 45-0. Then on Saturday morning she will bring J & L back with her.

In the mean time we got to the cabin and moved in.
We spent the rest of the day puttering.


I went up the hill to the old spring tank to see if there was any water coming out of the overflow. There was just a trickle. I held a cup under the flow and it took about a minute and a half to fill the cup. That isn’t much water. But it is better than nothing.
There are two springs connected to the tank but only one of them are producing water at this late season.


Wednesday we continued with our puttering.

We cut some fire wood and worked on getting the dining hall setup for the party on Saturday.
I set up the cooking area.


On Thursday we set up the wedge tent.


Patti headed for Santa Rosa around 9:00 Friday morning.

Joanne, Dave, Mat’s father-in-law Ray and Joanne’s friends Darlene and Bob showed up around noon. Everyone spent the rest of the day setting up their camps.

Darlene’s camp


My nephew John showed up from Reno.
He camped in his truck.

When everyone was settled we put up the walls on the dining hall.


Patti returned with Jerry and Lorraine around 11:00 Saturday morning.

Others showed up throughout the day.

I was down at the shooting area for most of the morning so I didn’t see who or when they got there.
As it turned out 25 people showed up.

We had a lot of fun shooting clay pigeons. 


The two youngsters watching the fun.
“Gee I wonder if they will let us shoot?”

Sure enough, the boys got their turns with a BB gun.



Around 2:00 I headed up to the site to start cooking Nopalies


and tri tip.


We sat down for dinner around 4:00.




We sat around the campfire every night and had fun visiting and watching Joanne try to pop popcorn over the fire.


She was successful but the popcorn was a little burnt.


We also spent time taking family photo’s.

Mike and Cody.

A mixed group of my relatives

Patti, Jerry and Lorraine.


Cody and Kaden clowning for the camera.


We hung out by the campfire for the rest of the evening enjoying the company.

Most of the people that spent the night left by noon on Sunday.
Joanne, Dave, Ray and John stayed until Monday.
Patti took Jerry and Lorraine home Monday morning and came back by 12:30.

We came home Tuesday evening.

It was a great time and every one had fun.
That was the last big event for this season at home.
Now we are going to start planning for the winter season in Quartzsite.
Our ETD for AZ presently is 11-20-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment