Sunday, October 6, 2013

10-06-13

I went to Tap Plastics yesterday and picked up a 2” x 4” piece of Delran. It is supposed to be one of the toughest plastics around.

IMGP3294

I chucked it up in the lathe and board a 1” hole in the end.

IMGP3298

I went deep enough to slice off a couple of washers.

IMGP3299

IMGP3300

I used the washers for the barring surface. It allows me to tighten the nut enough to eliminate wobble and still move smoothly. 

IMGP3301

Here is the whole thing finally installed on the jeep.

IMGP3304

The carrier works good. It was a fun project and saved me about $300.

I was thinking of building rock guards for the jeep but since I saved so much $ on this project, I think I will order the rock guards from the RX Doctor and just install them my self.

In the evening we went to Jerry and Loraine’s for a great spaghetti dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment