Sunday, December 23, 2018

Preparing for the Container.

A Cargo Container.

One of the things I want to do on this property is to get a 40 ft. long cargo container. That way I can leave the jeep down here in the summer and have room for a shop and storage. I have looked at other options but the container is by far the least expensive and is very secure.

Preparing the Spot.

I want to put the container across the back of the property but there are a bunch of Greasewood bushes in the way. There has to be a 10ft. setback from the property line. Yesterday Patti and I
went to the back and started preparing the spot. 
We measured 10ft from the back property line and 10ft from the south side property line. I tied a string to the stakes I put in the ground.

20181222_114411

Bushes.

There were a couple bushes in the way so I had to hack at them for a while.

20181222_111636 

I wish I had my Pulaski digging tool down here. I borrowed a mattock from Dennis M but they don’t work as good as a Pulaski.

A Pile of Brush.

We ended up with a pretty good pile of brush that we have to take to the dump. Fortunately I can use Dennis’ trailer to haul it off.

20181222_111732

Done For Now.

We got the bushes trimmed back and the limits established.
There are still a couple of bushes I will have to trim so the truck delivering the container can maneuver. Once that is done I will call and order the container.

A Ride to Blythe, CA.

After we were done with the bushes we took a ride to Blythe to do some shopping and have lunch. Of course we went to lunch at The A&R Bakery and Deli. We asked for a loaf of their Spiced Cranberry Bread. It was fresh out of the oven and we had to wait for it to cool down before they could slice it. We ate our lunch while we waited for the bread loaf to cool. Our lunch was their Turkey sandwich on Spiced Cranberry bread. An excellent sandwich. Now that we have the bread we can make sandwiches from our left over turkey from our Christmas Dinner.
From here we headed home.

It was a fairly productive day and I’m pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment