Friday, December 21, 2018

A New Kitchen Sink Faucet.

Leaking Faucet.

Before we left to go to Laughlin we noticed that the kitchen sink faucet was leaking around the handle. On further examination I noticed that the column had some cracks.

IMGP3547

I turned the water off so we wouldn’t come back to a flood.

Finding a Faucet.

Yesterday I went to RV Life Styles one of the parts places in Quartzsite. I looked through all their faucet’s but they didn’t have anything like what is on my sink.

There is one other place that has RV parts. It’s called The Gamblers. I have done business with them before and felt like I was ripped off so I don’t like to shop there. Unfortunately I didn’t have a choice so I went there. I found a faucet that looked like mine but it connected to the water system a little differently.
The original one looks like this.

IMGP3546

The new one has a couple of flex lines coming down the center hole.

IMGP3552

I wasn’t sure if this would work so I told the guy at the Gamblers that I would buy the faucet with the understanding that I could bring it back if it didn’t work.

Taking the Old Faucet Off.

I had a hard time taking the old faucet off because everything was real tight and there isn’t much room to get to the fittings. After a long struggle and a lot of French words, I eventually got the faucet removed.

Installing the New One.

The new faucet went on a little easier than the old one came off. But being behind the sink and virtually invisible it still took some time to get it done. Eventually with Patti’s help I got the new faucet installed with no leaks.

IMGP3549

Once that was done I took the rest of the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment