Monday, December 24, 2018

Chores and a Dump Run.

A Dump Run.

Around 10:00, I went out to the back of the property and hacked out two more Greasewood plants. When I was done with that I went next door and borrowed Dennis M’s trailer so we could take all the brush to the dump.

Here is Patti helping load the trailer.

IMG_4434

We tied down the load and headed for the dump. The local dump has an area where you can throw brush. They periodically burn the brush.

When we got to the brush pile, I noticed that the rope that I tied the load down with was missing.
We unloaded the trailer and on the way out I saw the rope and a couple pieces of brush at the entrance to the brush pile area. I picked up the rope and threw the pieces of brush on the pile.
That was a lucky break.

Our Sunday Chores.

We headed back to our place and Patti collected all the laundry to be done.
Once she left for the laundromat, I started cleaning.
There is a lot of carpet in the place and the vacuum cleaner isn’t very good so I did the best I could. We are going to buy a new vacuum next week.

Picante Chicken and Rice.

I made one of the easiest and very tasty meals I know of.

For two people, you take a half chicken breast and cut it into bite sized pieces. Put the cut up chicken breast in a pot. Add a small jar of Pace Picante Sauce, a half cup of water and a half cup of uncooked Uncle Ben’s converted rice. Stir the contents to mix them up. Heat on the stove until the mixture comes to a boil. Turn the heat to low, cover,  and let this cook for 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat and eat.
Patti likes to have corn tortillas with her rice. 

Okay, that was a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment