Sunday, October 21, 2018

An Update

Update.

It has been a while so I thought I would bring you up to date on what I have been doing.
I still am procrastinating about getting another computer and haven't decided yet so there still aren't any pictures.

Broken Jeep.

We are getting things ready to head south for the winter. We will get the RV out of storage on Tuesday.
I was under the jeep to grease it and noticed that the drivers side lower control arm mount was broken. Fortunately only one side was broken so I can still drive it to the repair shop.
I decided that I didn't want to fix it myself . I just don't trust my welds on something that important.
I went to 4 Wheel Parts to see if they could fix the jeep for me. They said that they can fix it but not until the first of November. It is only a four hour job so they can have it done the same day.
It would have taken me days to fix it myself.

I went ahead and greased the jeep and changed the oil. I also checked the condition of the rear breaks and found them to be in good shape.
I also reinforced the front bumper and remounted the winch.
Other than the control arm mount problem the jeep is ready to go.

The Van.

I drove the van up to the cabin on Thursday and it ran okay. It still has the high RPM miss but it is running better than it was when I took it apart. I guess the new exhaust manifold did help some. At least now it doesn't back fire. I'll work on it some more next summer.

Okay, that's all I have for now. Talk to you later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment