Saturday, June 16, 2018

Working on the Van


Coming Home.

On the way home from the cabin the van started running bad.
It still has the original acceleration problem that it has had since I installed the TBI.
The last thing I did was to replace the TPS. The problem persists. On the way home the van developed a different problem. It just cuts off for a heart beat and then it runs okay for a while, then it will do it again.

The Brakes.

The van also has a noisy brake. It growls when I step on the brakes.
The morning after I got home, I jacked up the van and pulled the passenger side front wheel.  I found that one of the bolts that hold the brake caliper in place was missing.
It is a special bolt but fortunately I always save any bolts that I remove from anything so I had a replacement bolt for it.

Going to Bob’s.

After trying a few things to take care of the TBI problem 
I was conversing with Bob. He suggested that I try changing the distributer.
I argued that I replaced everything connected with the distributer when I installed the TBI.
A light came on in my dim brain!
I installed everything at the same time.  It could be a bad coil or some other part of the ignition system even though it is all new.
Bob had a complete distributer so I started to swap it out but it was getting late in the afternoon so I decided to to drive home and swap things out.

Bobs Peep’s.

This is Bob’s chicken yard and coop.

IMG_3969

Bob got a bunch of baby chickens delivered in the morning.
He had to get the chicks out of the box that they came in.

IMG_3971

The first thing the peep’s did once they were out of the box was to try and escape. Bob used some fencing with square holes in it to try and coral the baby’s but they squeezed right through the holes in the wire.

IMG_3972

We ended up putting some cardboard in front of the fence and that kept the little ones where they belong.

On The Way Home.

When I left Bob’s I noticed a strong odor of hot oil. I had to go a ways before I could pull over to check it out but when I did a found this.

IMG_3976

The oil filler tube had fallen off and oil was coming out of the filler hole and getting all over. I still had to get home to do anything for it so I continued driving. The oil was getting on the manifolds and making a lot of smoke. Very embarrassing.

Okay, I got home fine. Now I will have to fix everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment