Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Still Working on the Distributer.


Distributer Problems.

I went out in the morning and tried to start the van.
It was running the after noon before but now it doesn’t want to start.
I turned the distributer way advanced before it would start, then it ran crappy until I retarded the spark.
It runs crappy unless the timing mark is advanced about 20 degrees. It is acting like the distributer is off by one tooth but I haven’t removed the distributer so it should be in the same place as it was when I started this job.

I checked to be sure that the plug wires are in the right place. I even tried moving the plug wires one space in the advanced direction. but it still wouldn’t start.
I messed around with the distributer for a couple hours. It will start  but I haven’t been able to get the engine to run right.

I am contemplating buying a complete new distributer coil and wires and starting from scratch.
Since all the parts that I have are old stuff. They should be ok but there is no way to know for sure.
I am going to let this job sit for a bit while I decide what to do.

Going to the Cabin.

Wednesday (tomorrow) Dave and Joanne are going up to the cabin to set up their lodge.
Patti and I are also going up there. I have the stainless steel stove pipes that I want to install on the wood stove and I will need some help with that.
That is why we are going up there while Dave and Joanne are there. So Dave can help me with the stove.

Okay, that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment