Monday, June 4, 2018

Getting Ready to go to the Cabin Again.


Just Puttering.

Haven’t been doing much since we got home from our last trip to the cabin.
I have been puttering around the yard.
I got the drip system working around the patio so the hanging plants will get regular watering.

IMGP3061

Bamboo Shoots.

The other daily task has been chopping down the Bamboo shoots that are coming up in the yard from the neighbors Bamboo patch.

IMGP3063

I didn’t take any pictures of this latest crop while they were growing but here they are in the green waste barrel.

IMGP3062
This represents about five days harvest. There are more every day.

A Day at the Movies.

On Thursday 5/31 Patti and I went to a matinee at the Airport Cinema to see Solo (a Star Wars story).
The movie was great and the theater was real nice.
Of course at 11:00am it was almost empty.
The seats were plush recliners and were very comfortable. They even had trays attached so you could have a meal if you wanted to.
The two and a half hours was over before I knew it. I’m just glad I didn’t fall asleep and miss the movie. Not likely!

I‘m Getting Ready for the Cabin Again.

The last couple days I have been getting things together to go back to the cabin.
I ordered a new tankless water heater/shower. It arrived yesterday. That will go up with me and hopefully I can get it working.
I also bought a water filter for the main system as there is some sediment in the water that I would like to filter out. If I have all the right fittings I plan to hook that up.
There are always more projects that I can work on while I'm up there (if I want to) so I should have a good week.

I’ll be going up tomorrow and be back home Sunday.
I’ll let you know how it went when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment