Friday, June 22, 2018

Still Working on the Van.


Setting the Timing.

The first thing that I did this morning was to set the timing on the distributer.

I brought #1 piston to top dead center on the compression stroke.
The timing mark was lined up with the 0 on the engine.
I checked the rotor and it was pointing to the #1 cylinder plug wire.
Everything looks right. 

I tried to start the engine.
It wouldn’t start until I advanced the distributer a lot.
Once it started I had to retard the spark until it ran smoother.

Oops.

I am not sure how it happened but some how I got my hand to close to the fan and it hit my finger.
The fan sliced the side of my ring finger on my right hand from the tip to the first knuckle.
It hurt like hell.
I shut down the engine and went in so Patti could wrap a couple band aids around it.

IMGP3117I decided to take the rest of the day off. To think about what is going on and see if I can come up with a working ignition system.

As much blood sacrifice as I have made on this job, you would think it would work perfect.

Okay, that’s all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment