Thursday, April 26, 2018

Just Puttering.


Van Breaks.

One of the things that I had to get done, was to fix the leaking break line.
Last summer I tried to fix this but had problems with the double flair on the end of the line.  After several attempts I finally got a line that fit but the flairs weren’t any good so it leaked.
At that time I decided to let it go for the winter and fix it when I got home this summer. Since the Flaring tool that I bought wasn’t any good I decided to have the line professionally made.

I took the original piece of brake line to Chucks Brake and Wheel  to have a new one made.
The guy said to leave the sample with him and come back in an hour.

An hour later I was back and they had the ends flared and the fittings on the line but it wasn’t bent to shape. One of the guys bent it while I was there but it wasn’t quite right. The long end was just slightly too long. I didn’t  know that when I picked it up.

After a lot off tweaking, I managed to get the line installed and it doesn’t leak.

I took a test ride to see if I was able to fix the high speed stuttering. I got on the freeway and got the van to about 65 mph.  I punched it to the floor and the van slowed down and I could here it missing through the exhaust noise.
It was actually running a little better than it was when I worked on it last summer so I think I am on the right track. I am pretty sure that the problem is caused by the throttle position censer.

Puttering in the Back Yard. 

We are going to have a party for Patti’s Birthday in a couple of weeks.

We are hoping that the weather is good because we are planning the party theme to be an Outside Picnic with burgers, hot dog’s and salads. Therefore I have been getting the yard in shape and getting our old grill working again.

Okay, that’s about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment